Currently Reading

Tegan Mae's bookshelf: currently-reading

Witch Finder
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading, a-little-witchy, advanced-copy, first-reads, net...
Gilt
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading, historical, queens-and-kings, ya, the-tudors, an...

goodreads.com

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Witch Finder by Ruth Warburton

Title: Witch Finder
Author: Ruth Warburton
Type: Young Adult
Genre: Fantasy/Historical
Tea: Strawberry Pu-erh, sounds really exciting and on the outside looks like it, but when you get into it, it's just meh.
Rating: 1 out of 5.


I had high, high hopes for this novel. A fantasy/historical witch hunter story set in 1880's England? Awesome!! That's like Leo on the Titanic awesome. What I got was more like Leo died at the end awesome (which if you're like me, you were sad).

There were so many great premises in this novel. The brotherhood of witch hunters, the magical society, so many different things! But they slowly disappear as the novels moves forward. It's mostly about Luke fighting with his feelings for Rosa and very halfheartedly trying to kill her. And Rosa is in an awful relationship with a horrible person that made the novel almost unbearable to read. The incident in the park? I couldn't stomach him after that.

I had a hard time picking this novel up after I put it down, which was really sad since I really wanted to like it. I just felt like it moved along very slowly and didn't really reach any of what I was expecting it to. Not quite sure where the second one will go. Maybe I'll read this again someday and it'll be different. I can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment