Currently Reading

Tegan Mae's bookshelf: currently-reading

Witch Finder
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading, a-little-witchy, advanced-copy, first-reads, net...
Gilt
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading, historical, queens-and-kings, ya, the-tudors, an...

goodreads.com

Monday, March 3, 2014

The Sweetest Dark (The Sweetest Dark #1) by Shana Abe

I previously reviewed this on Goodreads before I started this blog. I'm posting it here to fill in while I finish the many ARCs I've received to read and review! Plus, you don't wanna miss out on this book!!




 Title: The Sweetest Dark
Author: Shana Abe


4.5

Beautiful book. The imagery, the characters, the world. Gorgeous. And that cover? Pfft, major cover love going on.

There was something throughout the first half that was bothering me & I can't put my finger on it. Was it Jesse? Nope, love him. Armand? Nope, love him too. Lora? Nope, I wanna be her friend. Maybe I'll figure out what it was in the future, but either way I'm glad I pushed through it & kept going, the rest of the book astounded me. The ending was so sad & I don't quite know where the author will be going with it next. Gonna start the next one now & find out.

5 minutes later...I think I realized what bothered me, but don't read this unless you've read the book. It's not a big spoiler, but just in case.

I think what bugged me was when it seemed like Jesse was pulling away from Lora. Also I felt like she was being kept in the dark about things. I understand why. I just think it bothered me to see one character that loves another character that much, but still have to do that. I don't know, it just got to me. I don't know if anyone else saw that or felt that. No one likes to be in the dark as to why someone else is pulling away or acting strange, even if they are doing it out of love. Okay, enough babbling. Just think that's what it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment